Friday 8 February 2019

“No SIM card”. Is your Android phone saying this?


“No SIM card”. Is your Android phone saying this?

8th February 2019, Friday.
Sable, Douala, Cameroon.
__________________________________________________

Greetings today.
__________________________________________________

THE PROBLEM.

Last week I was downloading a book on my Android phone (MTN-S620) using the app ADM which can resume stopped downloads.
I took my eyes from the phone to relax and do some self-hypnosis using my mixture of self-made Alpha 7.5hz binaural beats and isochronic tones.
After the ten- or fifteen-minute session I opened my eyes and saw that my phone had apparently rebooted on its own. The phone took a long time “optimizing apps” before the main screen showed. I also felt the phone being painfully hot when I held it in my right hand.
After the booting I saw that my Internet no longer worked. I checked my SIM cards in the drag-down panel and saw the message “No SIM card”.
I stayed calm. I thanked God that at least the phone still worked. I could still listen to music on it, and read books on it using WPS Office, my favourite ebook reader for Android.
I removed the SIM cards, put them back in, and rebooted phone, and the message remained. I assumed the SIM card reader was bad, physically (in hardware).
The next day I went to a cybercafé where you buy a ticket allowing you to use the Internet for an amount of time, on one of the computers there.
In Google.com I typed “android phone cannot detect sim cards”, and found web pages that offered solutions to the “no sim card” problem.
__________________________________________________

MY SOLUTION.

I will share the pages with you after telling you how I solved my problem. I tried to solve it by turning on airplane mode and then turning it off, but that did not work.
I was eager to know if the problem was with my hardware or software and did not want to waste time, so I decided to do a factory reset of my phone quickly. I copied my important files to a computer and did factory reset on the phone. After that I had to re-install apps and copy my files back to the phone, but now the SIM cards were showing. So it was a software problem.

WARNING: Be careful when doing factory reset because you will lose this:
- All installed apps
- Everything in the phone storage, like your phone CONTACTS, downloaded files, music, internet configuration (for Orange Cameroon in my case), and videos.
ACTION: Remove your SIM cards, your memory cards, and any external devices from your phone to avoid them being erased when you do Factory Reset.
You can use an app like Apk Extractor to convert your installed apps into APK files (Android installation files), then you copy the apks elsewhere, and after resetting your phone you can install those apks back into your phone.

__________________________________________________

THE WEBPAGES THAT I FOUND.

I am sorry; I downloaded these webpages and now I do not know how to get their individual web addresses , although I can get the addresses of their source websites. I will give you their titles and you can copy a title and paste it in the search bar of Google.com and search for the related web page. Thank you.

Here are the web pages that I found (remember, search for the title in Google):

1. [Solved] How to Fix Error "No SIM Card Detected" on Android


2. How to Fix No SIM Card Detected Error on Android


3. How to Fix No SIM Card Detected on Android


4. How To Fix No SIM Card Error On Android


5. How to Fix No SIM Card Installed Error On Android Phone


6. How to Fix 'SIM Card Not Detected' in Any Phone


7. How to Solve the No SIM Card Error on Your Android Phone


8. How to Fix 'Phone Can't Detect SIM Card' Issue


9. No SIM card Inserted on Android How to Fix


10. Why SIM Card Cannot Be Detected in my Phone, How to Fix?

__________________________________________________

REMINDER:
You can use Apk Extractor to convert your installed apps into APK files (Android installation files). This is useful if you do not have the setup (installation) file APK.

__________________________________________________

Written by Tamajong Tamajong Philip (PHL)

4 comments: