Friday 1 February 2019

How To Make Your Own Video Games, with Game Maker.


How To Make Your Own Video Games, with Game Maker.


To make your own video or computer games, you do not need to learn coding or software programming.
There are programs (software) that make it easier for one to make a computer game.
One program is GameMaker Studio. In the past, about 2007 A.D., it was known as Game Maker.

I discovered Game Maker 7 in 2007 A.D. For many years before that, I had been daydreaming about making my own video games based on those that I liked, such as Heart of Darkness (Andy and his dog) on PlayStation 1, and Sonic & Knuckles on Sega Genesis.
The images in my mind were very clear. I even created game music in my head. I saw Knuckles climbing the wall of a tall tower in the sky while fighting flying creatures that could knock him down to his death. I saw a girl discovering Andy’s plane and using it for her own journey into the Heart of Darkness.
But I did not think I would ever make my own games. I assumed that those who made video games had to be very intelligent and know very complex things, such as “coding”.
I had been imagining making my own video games since about 2002 A.D. I daydreamed many kinds of adventures.

Then one day in July 2007 A.D., my life was forever changed. I was sitting at the computer one afternoon, in my town of Douala, Cameroon.
I did not know what to search for on Google.com. As I sat, I started thinking how nice it would be if I could play a game like Sonic 1 on the computer. I saw Sonic running in Green Hill Zone, in my mind.
I typed in the Google search bar: how to make a video game.
And suddenly, in the search results, I saw Game Maker mentioned. An appetizing message said something like “Create your own video games without writing a single line of code.”
I downloaded Game Maker 7 from the website, which was called yoygames.com .
I was very blessed. Today (1st February 2019, Friday) if you type those same words in Google.com, “how to make a video game”, you may never see what I saw at that time, and so you might never discover Game Maker, or GameMaker Studio as it is called today.
So, to dispel ignorance and save time for those who still wonder how to make a video game, I wrote this information. There are programs that make it easy to make video games without you needing to learn complex programming languages.
You can start with these: Game Maker 5 and Game Maker 7.
________________________________________________________

1. Game Maker 7.
The first version of Game Maker I discovered.


2. Game Maker 5.3.
This version has less system requirements than Game Maker 7. Some computers could not run games made with Game Maker 7, which led me to use Game Maker 5.3.

______________________________________________________


3. GameMaker 8.1.141 Standard

 Download GameMaker 8.1.141 Standard.

______________________________________________________


4. GameMaker Studio.

Game Maker 5.3, GameMaker 8.1.141 and Game Maker 7 make games only for Windows.

If you want a version of Game Maker that can make games for Windows and other platforms like Android, iOS, Mac OS X, HTML 5, Ubuntu (Linux), Tizen, Windows Phone 8, and others, then you can try GameMaker Studio 1.4.1522 or the latest version of 1.4: GameMaker Studio 1.4.9999.

There is also GameMaker Studio 2, but it runs only in 64-bit Windows. So if your Windows is 32-bit, you may be unable to use GameMaker Studio 2.


NOTE: Game Maker or GameMaker Studio is not the only software for making video games. You can search for others on the Internet. You can use a search engine like Google.com and you type: programs or software for making video games .


______________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________

Tamajong Tamajong Philip (PHL).

1 comment:

  1. A decent post, extremely grateful and cheerful that you will compose numerous more posts like this one.
    Keep it up for more valuable sharing. Well thank u so much.!
    Windows Server 2016 key

    ReplyDelete